Tuesday, August 16, 2011

Check your Itinerary!

So Ronny left for Oakland, California for some training yesterday.
The kids and I took him to the airport and as we were pulling away, I got a call.
It was Ronny.
"Um, can you please come back? I'm at the wrong airport!"
So back we went and the kids were super confused!
"Is daddy going or not?"

Ronny called the military travel agent and in no time, got things figured out.
So back we went and he was off, again.

Several long hours later, I received a text from him.
"I'm in CA, going to find a cab and head to the hotel. I'll call you from the hotel."
Not more than five minutes later, I get another text from him.

"I'm an idiot...got off the plane...in San Diego...please don't tell anyone until I'm dead!"
Well, I'm happy to tell you that he's NOT dead, I just told him that I'd HAVE to blog about it, but I'd be nice enough to wait until today, a day later for him to recoup. Fair enough, he said, and well, I'm also happy to tell you that he got things figured out, and flew out to his real destination, Oakland, CA.

What happened was this:

he thought it was a straight flight from home to Oakland, CA. Didn't realize that there was a stop in San Diego, so when the plane landed in S.D., rather than sitting still, he got off. He walked out of the airport, called a cab and asked the driver "how much to my hotel in Oakland?" The Cabbie looked at him and said "well, it's about a 600mile drive, so...." that's when Ronny realized HUH!? and looked around only to see SAN DIEGO posted everywhere.

LOL.

1 comment:

  1. Haha! That is hilarious! Glad he finally got to where he needed to be!

    ReplyDelete