Thursday, June 30, 2011

One of those days...

Well, it's been a while. It's that time again, I have too much on my mind and somehow, blogging always makes me feel better and clears my mind.

Although I'm not at liberty to share half the things I get to experience/go through these days, this is one of those days and I don't know whether I want to laugh or cry.

Ronny's on call this week, which means he's at work from 11:30-8:30pm, and then whenever he gets called out, he must leave and go out. The other night, he was called out at 3am to some type of a spill out in the gulf.
Must I say more?
This makes the days LONG for me.

Today, I thought I'd take the boys to Ikea and then to H-mart (Korean supermarket) to kill some time and actually have some fun while at it. I promised the kids some Ikea hotdogs, ice cream cone and cinnamon roll. We all shouted for joy and began our adventures. I love treating the kids to yummy things, and I love sharing 'fun' experiences with them.

Well, not to focus on the 'bad' things, but the thing I look forward to most at Ikea, their childcare was DOWN. Closed due to not enough workers. GREAT.
Okay, I can do this. Two kids around the store isn't too bad, I tell myself and carry on.

Who needs Ikea's daycare anyway?

So we begun our adventure.
Didn't get too far.
Jaiden was having a fit. Standing in his cart, whining, trying to jump out of it, then crying about something and anything he could think of....
a few time outs and chats later, I was done.

Things calmed down a bit, so we decided we'd get lunch.
We stood in line and got our food.
I looked around.
"umm...where's your eating area?"
the eating area that was to the left of the food vending area was completely gone.

"You can go upstairs" the cashier said.
I looked down at myself JUST TO MAKE SURE I wasn't invisible to this lady.

TWO TODDLERS (one child trying to burst away from my gripping hand to run away with his ice cream cone), two hot dogs, a soda cup, a cinnamon roll, and a bag of chips all in my arms/hands/whatever I had to hold on to all this.

"there's plenty of room upstairs"
YOU WANT ME TO TAKE ALL THIS BACK UPSTAIRS?
you're out of your mind, lady.

I found a bench in front of the child care and sat there with the kids while all passerby-ers looked on, kids whining to their moms "i want that!!"

I was ready to fight back if anyone told us we couldn't eat there.
No one did. (lol)
At Ikea, I took the boys to the potty three times (Jaiden's potty training and has an extremely small bladder)

Trying to still have a good time, I rolled out to our next stop, H-mart.
Before I began shopping, I took the boys to the potty...again.

Now to start shopping for food! I was excited.
no more than 5 minutes into it, Jaiden said "Potty!"
so back we went, through the crowded eatery and the super narrow hallway to the bathrooms.
A man was now cleaning the Women's bathroom.
Go figure.
I don't care.
I barged in and took Jaiden in.
tinkle....drip.
that's it?!

Back out to the store grounds
5 minutes into it, 'POO POO!"
so back we went to the potty, running this time.

"sit down! hurry! now you can go potty!"
I sat Jaiden down.
........
nothing.
instead, Jaiden fell into the toilet.
AAAHHHH!!!
fishing him out, I cleaned him up.
in the end, nothing.

back out on the floor....
5 minutes later, ready to check out, Jaiden said "poo poo!!"
it's loud and I'm embarrassed, but it's better than him having an accident. THEN I'd be embarrassed. I take him again to the bathroom.
Nothing.

That's one thing you can't just tell them "no, you're lying." better to be safe than sorry.
I finally get out of there.

The kids fall asleep as I turned off at our exit.
Too funny.

We get home and I put them in their rooms for some quiet time for all of us.
Haaa....now to deal with reality. I sit and think. Pray hard and think some more for other challenges I'm dealing with right now.

"POTTY!!!"
Jaiden shouts from the top of the stairs and I yell back "GO GOOO!!"
and then I forget he was up there....
I run upstairs when I remembered that the little booger was up there.
It was too late.
Gag reflexes kicking in aside, I was greeted by the owner of a "proud" naked buns.
I took a look at him.
I breathed some more and held my breath.
I looked across at the brown smudges everywhere.
I looked back at the beaming little thing.
I wanted to cry.
How could I get mad at such a thing?
And yet, I wanted to just break down and cry.
Poop was everywhere. The training toilet, the floor, the 'grown-up' toilet, the bathtub, and ALL OVER Jaiden.
The smell was nauseating.
The sight was enough to make me cry and run away, quit this job.
I got down on my knees and began scrubbing.
I bathed the little kid.
I thought;
Dear Heavenly Father, I sure do hope I'm reaping some excellent Heavenly rewards up there...cuz some days, I sure don't know what I'm doing or how I'm going to do it yet another day...

How i love my children.
but OH how hard it is to be a mom.
oh how hard it is to be a mom....






3 comments:

  1. Because of my dread of potty breaks in stores, I refuse to potty-train my kids! Isn't that terrible?! I always try to remember after crappy days where I want to strangle my kids, that tomorrow they will likely be angels and I will totally forget how bad they were today!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh Monica, that sounds HORRIBLE! I'm sorry you had such a crappy day! Oh the joys!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh no! amiga! I don't know what else to say than you are my hero! I HATE potty training. It's so different and I didn't know what to say, how to say something/anything so that everything would go well while at the same time trying to keep calm, and let them know you are not upset at them, but disgusted by all the pee. You are a great mom!...I forgot how long Ronny is going to be out, but if you want you can drop them off tomorrow at our place for a much needed break or at any other time during the weekend! Want to go swimming?

    Norma :)

    ReplyDelete