Wednesday, July 13, 2011

Slater Blater

My heart is full tonight.
We have been in Utah and it's just been a blast, but not because we go here and there or see him or her.

It's nights like tonight where I get to hang out with one of my very favorite mission companions to reminisce about the time we spent together in a far far away land.

As we chuckled and talked about all the crazy people we met, we also remembered the wonderful people we taught.

I think my companion who I still call "slater" said (I don't remember exact words because it was passed midnight!) something about the unconditional love we learn to have for these people as missionaries.
Strangers at first, close than friends in no time.

The mission wasn't "our payment" to God.
It was God's gift to us.

As Slater and I sat there laughing and remembering both the sweet and crazy people we had met, memories came flooding back to us and all we wanted to do was walk up and down those streets again. We realized that we still loved these people after almost 10 years of living our own lives back here. We still cared for them, we still loved them.
How are they doing?
What are they doing?
Are they happy?
Did they hear anything we tried to teach them?

OH, what I would GIVE! to walk those streets again with Slater....
What I'd give to see my Chilean brothers and sisters again!

Thanks Slater for tonight.

No comments:

Post a Comment