Monday, June 6, 2011

Lunch-a bunch. Unity is the goal



Oh I could just die happy!
We had a luncheon today with a few sisters from the branch.

We've (the Relief Society presidency) decided to invite a few (3-4) sisters and have cute little lunches together that we call "lunch-a-bunch" at least once a month. The plan is to eventually invite all to come and treat them to a little but nice lunch and get to know them. Really, we just thought it'd be nice to get them out of their homes and serve them. I love cooking for others! :)
As I welcomed the sisters into my home and sat them down to a simple lunch, it was just a joy to watch them smile at one another like this was some sort of feast or a great treat.
They all looked so beautiful there.
Both of my counselors were great asking questions about these sisters and we just TALKED and listened to one another tell about life stories and backgrounds, interests and family.

There was just a sense of peace, of love, of unity.
I have just been ticked thrilled to think back on this event and how much I truly love these sisters.

No comments:

Post a Comment