Wednesday, June 22, 2011

Big circle of Life





I can't tell you how much I love these sisters.
Beulah and Lou.

The boys call Beulah (in yellow) "oba-chan" which is "grandma" in Japanese, and sister Lou, "Cindy Lou-who" from The Whoville by Dr. Seuss.

Anyway...

These two ladies are ANGELS. I kid you not.
Well, they decided that I needed help.
Help with the boys, help with the Relief Society calling, just help because
"they know it can be rough." BLESS THEM!!

Honestly though, LOOK AT THEM. They can hardly move! Lou's 73 and Beulah's 61 (in yellow). Sister Beulah can hardly walk! They always offer to help, but in all honesty, I always wonder what they could do for me (besides giving them callings at church--which they fulfill WONDERFULLY). But this day, they had made up their minds to come and "help me".

You know what they did?
You know how they got to my house?
This makes me tear up for some reason.
I guess I get so emotional when it comes to these sisters because I see so many people with "give me, give me" attitude and these two sisters are the VERY FEW that say "let me help you"....

Back to what they had to do to get to my place.
They first had to get together (they have no car so they had to walk a few blocks to get to each other's house). Then, TOGETHER, they called the city metro system (a lengthy and annoying process to deal with those people). The sisters arranged for the bus people to come get them and drop them off at my place. You know how hard it was for them to get to my place? It took 1.5 hours of fighting (not in a bad way) with the bus drivers and convincing them that my house existed even when the drivers threatened that they had to turn around and go back because they couldn't find my house (bless the sisters, they don't speak all that clear so the driver had the wrong address)!!
Finally, after a lengthy bus ride, the two hobbled down the city bus together and said

"what can we do for you?"

(computer screen is getting blurry...)

I sat them down and we had lunch together. They were in heaven. These ladies don't have much, but you'll never hear them complaining. Beulah doesn't even have running water in her bathroom, hasn't had such a thing in over a year. I didn't know that.

Then, since all I could think for them to do was entertain the boys while I did some Relief Society work, I sat the kids and the ladies at the table, gave them some legos and some play-do and let them be while I left the room to work.

{I heard laughter}
{I felt a sweet spirit from beyond the walls of my home}

I heard little young voices and I heard laughter from deep and wise people.

Beulah said to me before she left
"you know, it's so good for us, believe it or not to get with the young people...they help us too."

What a great day it was.
I absolutely loved it.
So off they went, back on the city bus.
I forgot to mention they paid $4 to get to my house.
You may know, but you probably don't.
It was a big sacrifice for them.

If you have a Beulah or a Lou in your ward or neighborhood, I highly recommend you getting to know them. They are literally angels here on this earth...

Sis. Lou plays "bouncy ball" with Jaiden who's thrilled.

Kai and Sis. Beulah playing who knows what with play-do on their faces

I wished I could have snapped her big deep jolly laughter along with this photo! She and the kids just thought it was the funniest bestest thing in the world!

Kai and Jaiden sitting next to Sis. Lou

No comments:

Post a Comment