Sunday, January 2, 2011

Testimony of the month-

For those who don't know, in the church of Jesus Christ of latter-day Saints, we have an opportunity to share our "testimony" (our feelings and beliefs about the gospel) each month. We have the first hour to share our testimonies with each other during our sacrament hour (first hour of church after being passed the sacrament).

A friend of mine shared her testimony and I thought I'd share it.

She recently lost her little niece who would have been turning THREE this month.
As tears filled her eyes, she shared with us the experience she had while flying up to her sister's place to help her cope with this traumatic event of losing a daughter.
While she thought she would be greeted by a depressed household, filled with despair in the air, she was quickly finding out that this home which had just gone through such a terrible event was filled with a feeling of hope, forgiveness and love.
The little blond girl with big eyes who was waiting to turn three had been hit and killed by a truck. One minute alive and happy, the very next gone.

My friend continued to share that she saw this mother and her family all kneel down together to pray for this unfortunate driver who had to endure such a thing.

Yes, you read right.
Not only did this family quickly find courage to stand still in such a catastrophic event, they even found the strength to pray for the driver who had been in the wrong place in the wrong time.

What a family.

This family obviously understood the power of Christ's atonement.
Not only was it to take away the sins of the world, it was there to succor and to comfort.
They didn't find peace in hating and they didn't even search for answers.
They simply TRUSTED in the Lord and put things in His hands.

I hope, and although I would never pray for such a trial to prove my faithfulness to my Heavenly Father, I hope that my faith and trust is big enough in the Lord Jesus Christ that if I had to endure such a thing, I could withstand the blow and understand life in the way that this family, this mother did.




No comments:

Post a Comment