Friday, January 14, 2011

Reading Japanese

Ok, so this is so cool I had to blog about it.

Kai's been learning the English alphabets in Preschool, right?
I've also been teaching him the Japanese "alphabets" at home.

Well, Japanese alphabets work so that you don't have to spell, they work as they're own "sounds," if that makes sense.
It's like "spelling" "ABC". you don't, and you wouldn't spell "A.B.C."

Alright, we've been starting a routine for him that we'll help him lay out some clothes AND some breakfast food out on the table the night before, so that when he wakes up, he can get ready himself (while I get Jaiden or myself ready).
He's been loving the independence, and so have I.

Anyway, I had put some milk in the fridge last night for him to drink in the morning, but obviously, I couldn't keep it out on the table overnight, so I thought...
AHA!

I got a piece of paper out, and wrote out "MILK" (mi-ru-ku) in Japanese.

This morning, I went downstairs and lo and behold, he had found his milk! He had read the piece of paper and got the milk out of the fridge!

HOORAY!

I'm so proud of him!

That was a really long blog to say that he can read in Japanese!

I loved it!

No comments:

Post a Comment