Friday, January 14, 2011

Menu: Dinners this week

For those who don't know, I don't cook everyday.
I cook in bulk, so I really only cook about 2-3 times a week.

This week's menu was: (just dinner)

Homemade meatball and veggie Spaghetti, handmade rolls, pork milanesa
Crock pot BBQ pulled pork, curly fries
Asian yakisoba--stir fry
Homemade crock pot chili with sweet corn bread
Asian creamy white vegetable and meat stew
Grilled Hamburgers curly fries

So this week, I actually cooked 3 times, but most of the things were already made up and frozen from the last time I had made them in bulk, so it was another easy week. I just added a few things as sides.

For example,

the spaghetti sauce was frozen.
the Chili was frozen.

I then made a big batch (about 3 meals worth) of the BBQ pulled pork and divided them up and froze them. Now, I can have that on a bun another time, or even on a baked potato! Some even like it wrapped up in a tortilla as a burrito!

Cooking in Bulk is absolutely a time and energy saver. At any given time, I have about 5 different types of meals/meats frozen and ready to thaw and eat!

I will blog next about what types of things you can make and freeze!
Happy smart cooking!



No comments:

Post a Comment