Friday, July 9, 2010

What type of Mother did I want to become?


I wished parents could remember what kind of parents they wanted to be as a little child.
Did they like their parents yelling at them all the time?
Did they like to have to clean all the time?
Did they wish their parents would spend more time with them?
Or how about listen to them?
Did we wish we could play in the rain more?
Did we want to snuggle with our parents and talk late into the night?
I wished I could remember how I hoped to turn out as a mommy someday.
In remembering, I wished I could become that parent I promised myself I'd become someday.
But because I can't remember, I'm going to do my best in trying to put myself in my children's shoes and think of what kind of a mommy they'd want me to be...



1 comment:

  1. i always love your dads photographs. i hope one day you print your blog out. it's beautiful. the words and photos.

    ReplyDelete