Thursday, July 8, 2010

Family



Ronny, me and the boys were able to take a road trip up to Arizona just a couple of weeks ago.
It was an interesting trip, to say the least.
I had an excellent and very memorable birthday with my siblings and family there.
I couldn't believe that the last time all of our siblings (me, Ej, Stuart, and Cerina) with whom we grew up with (I have 4 others that I didn't grow up with) were together was about a DECADE ago, if not, more. We weren't even together for my wedding! How crazy.
Needless to say, this trip was VERY special to me.
Plus, Ronny and I celebrated our FIFTH year together while on the road...
20 hours with the kids (one way). We thought we wouldn't see the day of our anniversary, but what do you know? We're actually going through withdrawals of being in the car together for that long...I GUESS WE'RE DOING ALRIGHT then :)
Now, every time we get in the car, Kai asks us;
"Are we going far away? Please, can we go FAR away?" lol
The kids did VERY WELL in the car. I think they fussed ONCE. Kai threw up ONCE after eating a big meal and then reading a ton of books we had borrowed from the library. BUT, being the awesome mother that I am (i'm kidding) somehow detected the upcoming upchuck (LOL) and saved the day by placing a tupperware right under the pukies! We pulled over, dumped it out, and we were on our way! No emergency stops, no nothing! Are we good, or what?! :)
I foresee that there will be A LOT more road trips!
It sure does beat airfare AND the crappy days/services we all get at the airport!

2 comments:

  1. Nice pics! What wonderful memories made I'm sure!

    We love Road Trips! That's the ONLY way we travel!
    I knew Kai and J would be great.

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a great opportunity for you to get together with your siblings! And, good save on the puke! :) I've never been quite that lucky.

    ReplyDelete