Monday, July 12, 2010

Bulgogi (Korean Marinated Beef)

It's been a while since I've had an oriental recipe on here
and today, I'm branching out!


Korean Marinated Beef
Bulgogi


serving size (2)
1-1/2ibs prime rib eye beef thinly sliced (really, if it's a slab of beef, anything should do)
(ask your store butcher to slice it AS THIN AS POSSIBLE-they will tell you 1/4in. is the best they can do without the meat falling apart, but that's OK! get it as thin as humanly possible! trust me, it's better that way)

2 TBSP. soy sauce
1/4 C. Sugar
1 TBSP. minced garlic
2 tsp. asian sesame oil
2 tsp. mirin
2 tsp. water
dash of salt

Mix all orange ingredients in a bowl until well mixed.
Add the beef and continue to mix until evenly coated.
Stir-fry over high heat in frying pan until brown or desired doneness.
Serve with rice.
I wanted to post pictures too, but it's not happening right now...
so, pictures to come!

2 comments:

  1. my sister makes this. It is hands down my favorite!

    Thanks for your message. I am free all week (or is it next week?) and I would LOVE to get together. Let's talk soon.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Mmm... can't wait to try it!

    ReplyDelete