Thursday, December 31, 2009

VENTING

SO DOES ANYONE ELSE'S HOME GET CRAZY AS MINE DOES?!

I woke up feeling fine this morning, in fact, I was quite excited for the last day of the year.
Then, the BLUES hit me.
I get like this once in a while, and no matter how hard I try, the darkness doesn't seem to lift.
I hear the kids louder.
They seem to know just how to push my buttons-with innocent little eyes.
My kitchen AND house seems dirtier.
I pick something up and look behind me to see the same thing on the ground again!
I say NO about a million times a day.
Then, despite my best efforts to fix my bad moods,
I can't seem to find anything fun to do.
I want more money.
How come no one ever tells ME "good job!" or give me a RAISE?!
I want to be validated.
I feel so tired of doing the same things day in and day out.
Kai says "mama, mama, mama, this and that, MAMA!!"
HOW MANY TIMES DO THE KIDS SAY MY NAME IN FIVE MINUTES?
HOW MANY MOANS AND CRIES AND TUGS AT MY FEET DO I EXPERIENCE?
I feel tired of doing school work.
I feel tired of responsibilities.
I FEEL TIRED.

So, does anyone else feel like this, EVER, or is it just me?
Tomorrow, I'll be fine.
Heaven forbid someone tells me "Oh, you'll get over it soon," or "well, be grateful for what you have!" I WILL KARATE CHOP YOU.

(on a positive note, I think I am getting better at 9pm now--
I must be needing to go out and do some service-)

3 comments:

  1. Seriously, you and I are so much alike when it comes to being a mother. Reading this I felt like I was reading a day out of my own life. Sad isn't it. My goal for this year is to be a better, loving, tender, compassionate mother. God trusted these precious, innocent children in our hands and I do not want to disappoint, any more! Love you Monica and I am always here when you need a good laugh or a good cry! You are my friend!

    ReplyDelete
  2. lol-glad you didn't chew me out, cuz I would have really hated to punch you in the mouth. LOL. i do love you too, you're my venting friend! lol just glad i'm not the only crazy one...okay, so pretty close to it, but whatever. lol thanks dayna. and good luck with your goals. you can do it.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Okay so you are probably getting tired of all my comments, but I just love reading your blog, I see myself over and over again, facing the same struggles. I do know how you feel!!! I had a day like this earlier this week and I called my husband hoping he would make me feel better and he had me read this newspaper article about a family that just lost their two little girls, because the bug guy sprayed the wrong kind of chemicals around the house. I cried for the next hour. It just made me feel that much worse! Because while I am grateful and realize how very blessed I am I just wish that I had a little more help, or energy, or something! Anything will do. You are not alone, it is nice to know that I am not alone either. Love you, thank you so much for sharing your experiences.

    ReplyDelete