Friday, December 18, 2009

A typical day as a mom

It's 7am. I peek through my heavy lids to see little Kai standing there, unwrapping tiny morsels of "Hershey's Chocolate Treasures" which had been on my nightstand. My heavy eye lids close... Oh well, I shouldn't be eating those anyway...
8:30am. I drag my sleepy body into the shower after scrubbing out chocolate drool stains from beside my bed and say a little prayer in my heart.
Father, please grant me the patience that I need to get through this day...or at least that I won't MURDER the kids another day...
My head begins to fill up with things I must do today, forgetting that I was ever praying in the first place.

After getting dressed, I go into Jaiden's room. Yup, a strong nasty odor fills my nostrils and I quickly inhale the biggest breath, determined to keep it inhaled for the next few minutes.
It doesn't work. It's a nasty one.
I grab a diaper and a box of wipes. Several wipes.
I get down on the floor and undo Jay's ronchy diaper. His hand shoots down, touching the brown chunks. "NOOOOO!!!" I yell.
One down.

Getting up from the floor, Jaiden runs off to play. I get up too, not so ready for the next adventure to be had.
I walk into Kai's bathroom. (he has his own)
there's streams of white toilet paper laying all over the floor.
"KAAAAAI!!!!" I shout as loud as I can so that he can hear me anywhere from the house.
the little blond head pokes into the bathroom after what seems like an eternity.
"Yes, mamma??" an innocent look.
"Kai, what's this!?" I ask my three year old son. "You need to pick these up and throw them away into the toilet!" I demand.
A blank look on his face.
"Kai!" {snap to it, I have much to do today!} I think to myself.
"But mamma, there's POOP in there!!"
I get down to the ground and lift a streak of T.P.
OH.
my gag reflexes kick in, but I stop myself from losing it.
Once, twice, three times of disinfecting the whole darn place should be enough...either way, I've got no time to be cleaning, I haven't heard Jaiden in a while.
"Jaaaaideeeen!??!?!?" I yell from the bathroom.
pat pat pat, I hear, what an obedient child he is, little Jaiden almost always comes when I call.
I walk around the corner of the hall to make sure he's alright.
Something shines in his hand.
I take a closer look while stepping down the stairs
a KNIFE.
My heart skips a beat. or maybe it completely stopped for a second.
I fly down the rest of the steps and pretend to be talking to a suicidal person. "Oh, Jaaiden, hi...give me that knife pleasssee..." my voice is a nice one. I see my chance and grab the sharp blade out of his hand!
Danger averted. I saved the day, yet again.
It's lunch time and I'm wore out. Wiped out from the morning.
Making lunch for the boys, I realize again that I haven't heard Jaiden in a while-probably five minute, really.
"Kai, stay right here!" I shout at him as I run up the stairs in lightening speed, all the while, getting a bad vibe. What did I forget to do now?!
A blue faced Jaiden is munching on something. I run into the room and make him spit out the waxy residue from his mouth. Turning around, I SCREAM. The walls are covered in blue streaks of markings, love marks from Jaiman.
This earns him a time out.
After this, I waited for Ronny to come home to save me.
Really, this can go on and on, but I would bore you too much.
I don't think I ever thought that being a mom would be the cause of my death, but at this rate, I think I will be dead in no time! My heart has skipped a few beats and has even stopped completely a few time already, and my kid are only three and two. WHOA.

2 comments:

  1. That sounds like one of my days. You and I are so much alike.

    ReplyDelete
  2. EEKS EEKS! Jaiden man! I'm so sorry you had a bad day...but this story made me laugh a little! or just smile...i'm not getting pleasure out of your dismay...i just understand...i know these sorts of days.

    ReplyDelete