Thursday, December 31, 2009

My last day of 2009

How are children so innocent?
Most days, I believe that my children are sent from somewhere other than heaven, but that's just me being ridiculous.
The truth is, they are so innocent.
I yell at them and see the hurt in their eyes...and yet, most days, it's so hard to stop myself.

Then I thought, I don't think I've ever seen Kai or Jaiden have a "bad day"...they often put up with mine...

After a long while of whining and moping around about how bummed I was about whatever, I got up and played with Kai. I was the monster and he ran around while I chased him and hid to scare him. Boy, did that make me laugh.

Why are parents so imperfect while children are here to teach us?
I am so amazed that God would entrust us adults who are so imperfect (okay, ME) to take care of these pure and innocent creatures while we hurt them (in a sense) time after another.

Then, Kai says things like;
"Mama's a girl! She's a Princess"
and gives me a hug and a kiss.
I feel so ashamed!
So embarrassed that I am so weak and imperfect!

I hope to be a better mother in 2010. The HOW is what I'm going to figure out now...

2 comments:

  1. I wonder the same thing? Let me know if you figure it out. Aren't kids great? I love mine even though they get annoying at times.

    ReplyDelete
  2. amen sista.

    I love your new blog. You are so thoughtful about life and being a mom. It's lovely.

    Can't wait to see you soon.

    ReplyDelete