Sunday, December 27, 2009

Goals Part 2.

I've also been thinking...

MAKE SURE TO INVITE THE LORD and ASK HIM to help you when it comes to choosing which goals to set and keep in your lives.

1. Pray for help in setting worthy goals BEFORE you begin setting them.
then, 2. list as many goals that will come to your mind---anything. I laugh at myself at wanting to learn "dance" at my age, but WRITE IT DOWN. Nothing's impossible. So what if I decide I'm not cut out for it? Or to learn Oil painting?
I want to learn, and I can do anything and so can YOU. Write it down.

Lastly, 3. ponder your goals, study them out in your mind. Then, 4. Pray and ask for guidance and help to know which goals are worthy of your time and energy.
This is important.
The Lord will for sure guide you in those things which would be best for you at this time.

How many of us ask the Lord for help in accomplishing the "greater" things of life, but forget the Lord in our daily dealings?
Could we be doing a lot more with our time and energy IF we would just involve Him and ask Him for help?
YES. I believe so! I know I could conquer and accomplish a WHOLE LOT more, if I would rely on the Lord just a bit more! So, here's to trying it this way in 2010! :)

2 comments:

  1. thank you for posting this great idea...i never set resolutions...but its time for me to me to start...i need to set some goals...i want to get a few loans paid off...and spiritual goals too...thanks for the reminder...

    do i tell you enough...how much I LOVE YOUR BLOG!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow! The lord really does help if we ask him. I love this post. It is so important to keep him in mind as we do things will get easier.

    ReplyDelete