Tuesday, April 26, 2011

Boogers HURT

There wasn't a single dry eye in the room.

Grandma Gordon's casket lay open and the once lively woman lay in the cold box in front of the room; room filled with sad sobbing people--including myself. The room grew more and more dense with sorrow and the sniffles could be heard all around.

"OUCH!"
a little voice suddenly cried out next to me.
I turned beside me to find Kai with his finger shoved way up high in his nose.

"MOM! THAT BOOGER HURT!! IT WAS BIG AND LONG AND IT PULLED OUT MY NOSE HAIR!"

Horror.
Embarrassment.

The room broke out in quiet chuckles.

What could I say?

Yes my child,
boogers DO hurt sometimes.

Grandma was a cheerful person.
I'm sure she was grateful for this little child's humorous thought at her otherwise dark and dreary funeral.


No comments:

Post a Comment