Sunday, April 17, 2011

Update April 2011

I don't know what I'm going to write about, but I have a lot on my mind...somehow, I feel good when I write.

So much has been happening, and so much has been on my mind. Where to start.

1. "The truth shall set you free." I think that is very interesting...the moment a piece of truth comes to light, people are set free. Whether it's knowing your past, your ancestry, understanding a concept and thus, gaining knowledge, whether it's knowing how someone passed away...everyone deserves to know the truth. Just an interesting thought that's been on my mind.

2. You know, I used to think a calling was a blessing. Now, I think it's a "trial."
I firmly believe that the Lord calls the weak to teach them...
What am I supposed to learn, Lord?!?!


3. I got a call yesterday from Ronny while sitting in a welfare training for the church. As I ran to the bathroom to take his call, he told me that a good family friend had passed away. As she had been battling cancer for so long, this was upsetting, but somewhat of a relief--only because I know that she is pain free now after so much suffering, and because I myself have been in a situation where I sometimes wished Jaiden would pass away to free us all of our suffering while he struggled to live. As I wiped the tears that streamed down from this news of losing a great lady, Ronny continued; "and...Grandma Gordon passed away also..."
my heart stopped.

The lady who accepted me and loved me as I was right away.
The lady who let me live with her until I got married to Ronny (couple of months).
I loved her breakfasts she'd make! Sausage, bacon...
Oh, how she loved my boys. I always thanked her in my heart for that.
She was so funny. When she'd call me, she wouldn't have her hearing aids in so she couldn't hear me, but somehow, when I'd randomly call her, she had them in and could hear me just fine!

So many sweet memories of her, but the most that I remember is how she would come visit me in the hospital while Jaiden was admitted.
I couldn't tell how much pain she was in, but I knew she was hurting. Still, she'd drive herself more than an hour to come see me and Jaiden. She'd take me out to lunch and then we'd go into the NICU to see little Jaiden. She'd call him "IT" and just loved to HOLD HIM. She loved him to no end and I will always love her for that.
She passed away on the same day her son died, 42 long years later. We are happy for her to also be pain free and to finally be reunited with her husband and son.
As Easter season is upon us, I feel a renewed sense of gratitude for the atonement of Jesus Christ. What a priceless gift he gave us to be able to be reunited with our loved ones once again!!

Goodbye Karla and grandma Gordon, we love you...
God be with you till we meet again.

No comments:

Post a Comment