Sunday, April 24, 2011

New Calling. New desires


So our branch president called me up into his office a little bit ago.
"RS president" he said, "Haha," I replied.
No, but really, I said
"I'd have to think LONG AND HARD about it. Give me some time to think."

I prayed like crazy.
I thought like crazy.

"Lord, give me a whole new desire. A whole lot of renewed energy," I pleaded.

I love my branch, I really do.
BUT
I am honestly WORE OUT.
I've been RS counselor the whole 1.5 years I've been here, and although I must admit I don't feel I've done much, somehow, I feel burned out. It's a very needy branch, with a few nut jobs in the mix. I feel ready to move on, to move out and be done.

and now this!?

Then we had a couple of deaths in our family, so we flew out to Idaho.
As we attended a friend's funeral, I listened to the testimonies of her family and friends of how she loved to serve the Lord. Through painful times, she got up and taught her sunday school class whenever she wasn't locked up in the hospital receiving painful treatments. Even on the last Sunday she was here on earth, as she got ready to head to church but fell and cracked her head open, she had her daughter text her bishop saying she demanded that someone be found to cover her class. They said she lived for her calling. To teach, to serve, and to love.

A renewed sense of desire to serve my Lord filled my heart as I listened to the words of the ceremony. What a life had been offered up to serving her Lord.
If she, filled with painful days and struggles to stay alive, could love her Lord to do all in her power to serve her brothers and sisters, how much more would I be required to do the same?

I left the ceremony filled with love for my Savior.
I promised to not only accept this new calling, but to dedicate it to Karla.
I will serve with all my might, mind and strength, just as she would have.
I will go and do.
Thanks, Karla.

Karla holding Jaiden at his 1 year birthday.

6 comments:

  1. May God be with you as you fulfill your new calling.

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a beautiful post. That's so great that you were able to go and be at Karla's service- she was truly so amazing- and so are you! You can do this new calling!

    ReplyDelete
  3. You will do wonderful and learn lots no doubt!

    ReplyDelete
  4. We'll miss Kai at the zoo too! I am so glad you were able to go and be with family and friends at this time. GOOD LUCK with your new calling! Wow, that sounds hard just thinking about it.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Amazing! All you've been doing to prepare you to speak has prepared you for this. I know you will be awesome. I can't wait to see you in action.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Do not worry. The Lord knows this is your time to serve and learn. as you serve the Lord will provide you with the blessings needed to succeed and to the Lord success is measured quite different than what you think. So do not stress yourself for your own self-imposed expectations. instead ask the Lord for guidance to know His will.
    Congratulation
    Te amo Mama E

    ReplyDelete