Sunday, August 29, 2010

Dear Children


August 28, 2010
Dear Kai;

Today, I pushed you and Jaiden on your swings outside, but when it got time to start cooking dinner, I went inside, leaving you two to sit and play in your swings. As I began cooking and looked outside to check on you two, I saw you jump off your swing. As I wondered why you would jump off the swing you were so eager to get on in the first place, I watched you run over to Jaiden who was in a seat-swing. Dangling his legs, he wasn't moving. You ran up behind him and began pushing. Jaiden was ECSTATIC. With the hot Texas heat beating down on you two, you pushed Jaiden's swing so that he would fly higher and higher. You were both laughing hard. My heart felt warm and tingly as I watched you two. You two are best friends indeed. Every time the swing came back to you though, you would be pushed back and fall because you haven't learned the art of pushing a moving swing just yet. You have always been a sweet child to me, and especially to your younger brother and I thank you for that.

With love,
Mama

Dear Jaiden;

Boy, you are a little snot most of the times, but OH how you melt my heart when you are sweet. You know what I love about you most little guy? That you love your big brother so much. Your first word was "Kai," not mommy or daddy. The first person you look for in the mornings is your older brother, not us. I don't quite know what type of a relationship you and Kai had before coming here, but I am certain you two were together and loved each other way before this life time. I love how strong you are. Okay, so I don't always appreciate that fact about you, but you are one piece of fine work. There's a lot of things I love about you, but most of all, you have a sweet and good heart with lots of slobbery kisses and hugs for the world.

With love,
Mama

2 comments: