Tuesday, August 3, 2010

Not on Our Time Table




I've been REALLY REALLY excited lately...well okay, as of yesterday.
My biological mother wrote sent me a TM and said that she was thinking of going to Japan in the fall and wanted to know if I wanted to go along.

YES.

The purpose of this trip?
To travel with my mom who I did not have the chance to grow up with, to go home to her parent's, MY grandparent's home where I finally got to go back to just last year, after being separated for over two decades!!
My mom told me that there were boxes and boxes filled with mine and my brother's childhood things and that it would be neat if we could go back and open them up together.

I just feel so blessed. I've been thinking a lot lately about how "time" isn't an issue to our Heavenly Father. We humans are antsy creatures. We want things now, and we want it NOW. Imagine yourself being separated from your blood family for over twenty years. Doesn't that feel like a VERY LONG TIME? I guess to the Lord, it's not really.

I had the opportunity to go home to "meet" or reunite with my biological grandparents just last fall. As most of you know, it was an EXTREMELY touching and beautiful thing that I got to experience. And a year later, my other dream--to someday return to Japan with my mother is now coming true.
I just have to believe that the Lord doesn't work on our time table...all those years I wished and prayed that I could do these things-he knew of a better time, and that was now.

I am so grateful to my wonderful husband who unselfishly encourages me to leave him and the boys for two weeks to go back to my homeland.
He wants me to experience what I never got to.
He wants me to go back with my mother to hear stories about when I was a little girl.
He wants me to go around town and see things and go places that we used to see and go to before the breakup of my parents and the abrupt separation between us all.

I am grateful, that the Lord does indeed listen and hear our prayers. He has us in mind at all times. Whether the answer to our prayers comes instantaneously or 10, 20, or even 50 years later, I guess he just doesn't work on our time table, but the answer will always come, we just need to trust Him.

My heart is full.

4 comments:

  1. YAY! That is wonderful! I am so happy for you! What a great opportunity!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love this. And I love you. You inspire me.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Be sure to visit Wada-san at the store underneath Dorumi Shin Osaka mansion... I went back there after almost 20 years gone back in 2001. Mr. Wada was in the back of his store stocking the coolers. I yelled out, "BaBiCan Chodai!!" (Hey, where are those drinks?) in a loud voice and without turning he simply said, "Ri-chan-san ja nai ka?!" (That's the voice of Richan!) There are many other places I'd have you go while there... including your puddles. Wish I could be along with you as I once was.

    ReplyDelete