Wednesday, September 1, 2010

What's Enough?

I read a book not too long ago that changed my life and wanted to share this little portion from Brad Wilcox's The Continuous Atonement.

(talking about being less than perfect in what he does, Brad explains...)
"In those anxious moments, the greatest comfort I have found is in knowing ANY effort is pleasing to God even if He and I both know it's not my all of my best. It may be far from an acceptable offering, but God accepts it nonetheless because ultimately He is more concerned with the offerer than the offering. Elder Gerald N. Lund wrote: "Remember that one of Satan's strategies, especially with good people, is to whisper in their ears: 'If you are not perfect, you are failing.' This is one of his most effective deceptions....We should recognize that God is pleased with every effort we make---no matter how faltering---to better ourselves" ("Are We Expected to Achieve Perfection in This Life?").

With this realization, I have changed the ways I live and do things. I no longer procrastinate to do what's right, but I take comfort in knowing that what I can give is just enough.


No comments:

Post a Comment