Wednesday, February 10, 2010

Strawberry Apple Pie

For some reason, "Apple and Strawberry Pie" came into my head so I searched around for some recipes.

I guess I wasn't the first one to think of the combination...so finding a recipe wasn't hard. And I made it...OH SO GOOD!! Here's the recipe! I took a picture of my yummy pie with vanilla bean ice cream, but the camera is downstairs and I'm too lazy to go get it...so you'll only get the recipes tonight! :)



PIE

Ingredients

5 C. thinly sliced peeled granny smith apples
1 C. sliced strawberries (I just squished frozen ones)
1 TBS. lemon Juice
3/4 C. sugar
3-4 TBS. all purpose flour
Double crust pie sheets

Topping:
1/2 tsp. Sugar
1/2 tsp. Cinnamon

Directions: In large bowl, combine apples and strawberries; mix lemon juice. Combine sugar and flour and sprinkle into the fruit, toss lightly.

Line crust into pie dish. Add filling, cover with other crust sheet. Wet top crust with milk (a tsp. will do) and sprinkle sugar topping if desired.

Bake at 400 for 50 min. or until golden around the edges


Double Pie Crust Recipe:

Ingredients:
2C. Flour
1 tsp. Salt
1 C. shortening
5-7 TBS. cold water

In large bowl, combing flour and salt. Cut in shortening until mixture becomes coarse crumbs. Stir in water until mixture forms a ball. Divide dough in half and roll out separately.

No comments:

Post a Comment