Sunday, February 28, 2010

Chocolate Raspberry Cheese Cake


It was my first attempt at a complicated SOUNDING cheese cake.
The outcome?
Divine
Delectable
Down right easy and YUUMY!

So, as always, I'll share the recipe!

Crust:

2 1/4 cup graham cracker crumbs
1/2 cup butter or margarine, melted

**(I just used a store bought crust-and used chocolate crust, but you can use any kind)

Filling:

1 (8 oz.) pkg. cream cheese, softened
1 Tbsp. lemon juice
1/2 cup sugar
1/4 cup milk
Dash of salt
1/2 tsp. vanilla
2 eggs


Topping:

2 Tbsp. sugar
1 cup sour cream
1/2 tsp. vanilla

**(I omitted this and just melted a handful of chocolate chips in the microwave, then dropped spoonfuls in random places on the cheese cake and then added spoonfuls of raspberry juice and swirled it all together)


Directions:


1. Combine graham cracker crumbs and butter, press into buttered 8 inch pie plate to form crust on bottom and sides.

2. In a mixing bowl, beat cream cheese until fluffy. Gradually add in lemon juice, 1/2 cup sugar, milk, salt and vanilla.

3. Add eggs, 1 at a time, mixing well after each addition. Pour filling into crust.

4. Bake at 325F for 25 to 30 minutes or until set.

5. Combine the 2 tablespoons of sugar, sour cream, and 1/2 teaspoon of vanilla; spread over top of cheesecake then bake for 10 minutes longer. Chill for 5 hours or more before serving.

It was SUCH an easy recipe and so yummy!! I don't really care for SUPER SWEET cheese cakes where I'm done with the first bite, but this was a fine tasting cheese cake, real smooth and just right in sweetness. The chocolate and the bitterness from the raspberries really helped settle the sweetness down too!
I surmise you could use any type of fruit you wanted--since this recipe was just for a "plain" cheese cake but I just added raspberries.

OH, the RASPBERRIES--I poured a thin layer of the cream cheese mixture into the crust first, then I used a handful of thawed out raspberries and just spread it on top of the cream cheese mixture, then added the rest of the cream cheese stuff, then baked it. :)

1 comment:

  1. Wow! That looks absolutely delicious!!! I could eat the picture!

    ReplyDelete