Tuesday, February 16, 2010

Life Missions

So I'm reading a magnificent book called: Achieving your Life mission by Randal Wright.
OH my, it's good. Just what I needed.
I just needed to jot down a few things that I've felt impressed about...they stick better this way.

"Asking for Specific Questions"
Ask "what wilt thou have me do?"
and He will answer.

"You can make every decision in your life correctly if you learn to follow the guidance of the Holy Spirit" Marion G. Romney
How deep is that?

None of us are sent here to take a back seat and clap on as others perform in the spotlight. We have ALL been sent here with specific missions. No one else can do it better than we can. It is up to us to find those answers and get busy! How neat is that?! I've been thinking A LOT about who I am and what my mission in life is for the past year or so. A LOT. I feel impressed that although we may accomplish one or two missions, after we completes an assignment, we should always look for the next assignment...the work is never done.
Can you imagine what kind of a world this place would be, if everyone got busy in accomplishing their life missions?!

Elder LeGrand Richards once said, "...I can think of no greater disappointment that could come to one of our Father's children than to finish this life and then be told that he had failed to accomplish the things for which he was sent into this world."

Anyway, my heart is full with awesome teachings from this brother, but more to come. :)
So go out there and pray to know-specifically what YOUR mission in life is!
Exciting, exciting!!

No comments:

Post a Comment