Friday, January 22, 2010

DIY-so THAT'S what it means!



I've never been one to buy many things NEW or pay full price for something,
but I've also not known how to do much about DIY projects.
I'm a fast learner though.

Ronny's been great with all my crazy ideas on fixing things up or hanging things up, he's been patient with me and even supportive and very helpful to say the least. I'll say:
"I'd like this wall painted..." and he just DOES it. He actually DEMOTED me from doing projects because I am not as patient as he is, I just want things to get done, so rush things (hehe), but he sure taught me a lot of new and great things in the process.
So, aside from a few of our rooms painted and redone (with mostly things we already had in the house) we also made a two dressers and a hutch and finally finished today! I LOVE IT. I can't tell you how much.
I sanded it, then Ronny spray painted it with red first, then black. I wasn't sure of the turn out, but HECK YES. I love it.

Really, painting a room/wall/house makes a HUGE difference, the junk lying around your house really begins to pop out and you realize "whoa! I have neat things!" lol
Anyway, thanks to all of you who check in and cheer me on to do fun things! :)
You better love these pieces! ;)






We got these furniture for FREE from Ronny's co-worker, isn't that great?!







5 comments:

  1. Love it Monika! You and Ronny did a great job. One of my sisters has been restoring furniture for awhile now. I always love to see the before and after pictures. Where will these 2 pieces go in your house?

    ReplyDelete
  2. holycrap monika! you're soooo getting your house in shape! why aren't you on the HGTV network? I do love the color in your kitchen its soooo IKEA. Gosh i can't wait to see all your projects!

    ReplyDelete
  3. i love it!! Congrats! Your new home looks very beautiful! So happy for you guys!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hey Monika! I just found your new blog and it's great to see what you guys are up to- I'm glad you're getting settled in your new house and it looks like you've got lots of fun projects up your sleeve. The furniture looks great! I agree- there's something better with getting something with hidden potential and making it your own vs. just buying new (and full price) at a store. Great job!
    I think you have our blog site, but just in case it's : http://drewlovesrebecca.blogspot.com/
    R : )

    ReplyDelete