Sunday, February 6, 2011

Don't like my food???


Ahh, children.
So I'm not sure this was the nicest thing for me to say, but it had a great outcome so I'm writing about it.

The other day, I made lunches for Kai and Jaiden as usual and gave it to them.
Kai stared at his plate of whatever it was and mumbled;

"but this isn't my favorite"

without thinking, I looked back at him, locked eyes with him and replied in a casual tone;

"well Kai, if you don't like what mommy makes you for lunch, you can go find yourself a new mommy."

Just like that.

Kai's little eyes grew to the size of baseballs.
Nope. He wasn't expecting that. Nor was I, but I could see it worked. I didn't mean it in a mean way, and I wasn't on the defense.

Eyes still big as baseballs, Kai looked at his food, happily shoveled the first bite into his mouth and said

"OH MAMMA, THIS FOOD IS SO GOOD, THIS IS MY FAVORITE!"

LOL.



1 comment:

  1. Too cute! PS. That is a smart son you have!!!

    ReplyDelete