Wednesday, December 29, 2010

"Where are you?"

I have to tell you something.
We have one of the best Relief Society group.
Of course, with us being a small branch, there are plenty of challenges, but the blessings surmount them all.

I received a call today from a sister.
"Hello? Sister Sampert?"
the voice said.
"Hi!"
I answered, clueless as to who this could be.
"Hey, you weren't there at church today."
the voice on the other end said.

In our RS, we've been setting aside a few minutes at the end of class to take note of the sisters who were not in attendance that day. We have the sisters look around and tell us (the presidency) who's not there. Then, we encourage them to call/email/text/visit/do whatever they can/want to to let the sisters know we missed them.

I love our RS. The call came from a sister who hardly ever talks and I was flabbergasted by her surprise call! However, I was touched that our sisters were doing their job and got a glimpse of how it felt to receive a "we missed you call." There is most definitely something EVERYONE can do, as in this case of the sister who is extremely shy that called me.
Call, email, text, visit, whatever you feel you can do, do it!
I think that if there were more sisters like ours, we'd have less sisters go inactive!

No comments:

Post a Comment