Tuesday, October 19, 2010

Creepy


It's dark outside, despite it being 6:15am.
All is quiet around the house, and not even a cricket stirs outside.
The air is chilly and I don't want to get out of the bed.
Suddenly, I see my bedroom door open and Kai staggers in with his white blanky dragging behind him.
Oh sweet child, come lay with mama in my bed.
He comes and snuggles with me as he does every morning.

Suddenly, Kai whispers from under the covers...
"Someone's coming..."

My heart stops.
I try to play the child's sentence off like it was nothing, but suddenly, everything in the room looks like hungry monsters waiting to attack. I close my eyes.

Then the child snaps up in a sitting position and says
"Someone's here," as he begins to talk to him...or her...or IT.

I try to calm myself but my head's in a panic as I lie still, hoping that by me not moving, the "monster" won't notice me.


I don't know why he did it, or if there really was anything...but to my embarrassment, I got scared. lol Writing this now seems pretty silly, but when all is dark outside, it can be your worst nightmare. (I didn't mean for this post to be dark and scary, it was supposed to be funny, but I don't think it came out to be!)

Has anyone had this happen before? CREEPY! I have heard that kids are "more in in tune" with the spirit world or wherever, but is it true? anyway, I thought it was silly, but it did scare me...

1 comment:

  1. My mind likes to play tricks on me in the dark and I scare easily so yeah, I would probably get scared too if one of my kids did that! CREEPY is right!!

    ReplyDelete