Tuesday, March 23, 2010

Little People

Today, I smashed Kai's little finger in the front door. REALLY HARD. Of course it was on accident, but I felt TERRIBLE. After the real tear cries and holding my baby for a good long while, he was already smiling and laughing with me. Then, a sudden realization hit me; Kai hasS NEVER. let me repeat: Kai has NEVER yelled at me! Even when I do something stupid to hurt him (although it was really his fault for sticking his finger in the door), or when I am just grumpy and mean to him, he has NEVER yelled at me the way I do at him for every little thing. Now, please don't picture me as this big old monster, but really, I get it. "Be like little children" the scriptures tells us. These little people are AMAZING. I am truly humbled, even remorseful for my shortcomings and imperfections. All I can say is that when I grow up, I want to be like Kai.

3 comments:

  1. He is such a good, sweet little boy. You are so blessed.

    ReplyDelete
  2. He looks so much like Sampert in this picture!!! Not to be taken the wrong way, but he looks absolutely adorable in this picture, I love his smile and his dark eyes! He actually reminds me a little of my own little boy, who also has dark eyes and really cute dimples when he smiles.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh, I also completely understand your feelings. Lately my shortcomings and imperfections keep slapping me in the face, through the wonderful examples of my children. Although lately my three year old has started yelling at me when I upset her, which has made me start to wonder if maybe I need to change some of the ways I parent. I actually have tried figuring out why I yell and that has helped me a lot in helping me to overcome it, but what has been hard is that when I do slip, I have apologized and now I am starting to wonder if that is sending the wrong message. Because now she thinks she knows better and can tell me what to do. Parenting is hard.

    ReplyDelete