Saturday, March 13, 2010

HELP!

Family Home Evening

I felt the need to plan a Relief Society activity around this topic.
March 27, 2010
about two more weeks
It really wasn't my idea, but now I'm stumped
I just feel that it's important
and I will do it.
(I'm not complaining, BTW :)

I'm thinking about having the sisters put together packets of FHE lessons and activities.
I might have 12 folders with recipes for treats, lesson ideas, quotes and teach WHY FHE is so important and share the promises...
We have a lot of sisters/families who are at the "pioneer" stage in the gospel...and I'd like to help teach the importance of it all...most of them also live with generations of families/non-members/less actives.
They are all different types of ages and a mix of people living together, but FHE is something everyone can do and enjoy, right?

I think it's all a good idea, but WHAT and HOW?!

Does anyone have any suggestions to what I could do?
Please help!

2 comments:

  1. I'm part of a FHE group... we put together lessons make copies for eachother and exchange them. I can give u more info if you'd like and our topics... you could even borrow them and make copies. Let me know!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Just keep it simple and more so with little kids that can't read just yet. We, sing a hymn/primary song that goes with the lesson, pray, read a scripture, show a picture that goes with a lesson, explain to DJ the principle/story, sing a closing hymn, and pray. Then we do a simple activity. Like most apostles say, our kids may not remember what we taught them during FHEs, but they will remember that we consistently did them, and that's what's important! Best wishes with your activity!

    Oh yeah, church videos are awesome too! You see them and can discuss them with your family afterwards. If people don't have money to buy them, they can always borrow them from the church's library, including conference talks.

    Norma

    ReplyDelete