Thursday, March 11, 2010

God Bless!

The stadium darkens,
the music softly, but powerfully begins
red, blue, white,
the thin flag slowly begins to show its majesty
from the ceiling, the flag unravels itself
There's at least 6 stories worth of rope hanging
slowly, uniformed men come down with it
true heroes in camouflage
a reverent silence hushes the crowded stadium
6,000 people slowly stand up

Tears fill the eyes as we watch these heroes come down,
the flag gently leading the way

Our thoughts go out to those who have served us
Our prayers go out to those who are serving us
they are the young women and men
courageous and bravely fighting
so that you and I can be free today,
so that you and I can cherish our families and friends.

I quietly place my hand on my chest,
I gently wrap my arm around my husband,
He is one of them.
I'm so grateful to be an American


GOD BLESS AMERICA!

No comments:

Post a Comment