Monday, September 26, 2011

updates on the Family


{costumes are a courtesy of the boy's aunt and Uncle Sampert-THANK YOU!}


I figured since this blog is more like my own journal, I better put in an update or two about my family! :)

Nothing too big is happening, but here's what I can think of right off the top of my head.

1. We recently received a list containing 115 places to choose from to move next year. (?)
We will be given a 1.5 months to put a list together of about 10 top choices of where we want to go next. Finding out where we will go will have to wait until next Feb. or March, and the move is next Summer.
Our top picks so far are: Seattle, Portland, and anywhere in CA.

2. Jaiden: he's definitely talking more. "Huh?" he will ask you after EVERYTHING YOU SAY. Oh, not just once, but a million times!!! DRIVES ME UP THE WALL. He IS, however, becoming MUCH easier to handle. He's potty trained, although he still wets himself if he's playing too hard and is too lazy to go potty and he still has a diaper on in bed. Other than that, he's a gosh darn cute little thing, and there's not a day that I don't remember that behind this bright smile and stinker attitude was a war fought to live.

3. Kai: He's enjoying his last week of Preschool by Miss Annie this week. He's done well and has learned so much. He still likes bugs, but has moved onto things like robots and monsters. He LOVES to color and draw. He's starting to show me more sides like getting upset if he's not the party's attention when with his friends. Ay ay ay. (that's the Latin side of me coming out)
He's still that 99% of the time-obedient little child who loves to ask questions non-stop and is always thinking...just thinking....wheels always turning in his head.

4. We've decided to homeschool the kids. "Homeschool," is a silly word with preschoolers, but well, I guess it is. I'm going to be teaching them both, and in Japanese. I figured that next year since they'll both be in school, I better cherish one last year with both my boys home. I also figured I better get more serious about them learning Japanese before they head off to English schools. It will be good.


Ronny: he's here and he's wonderful. :) He got called out all day last Saturday to a huge oil spill. It's been a rough weekend (and week while he was on call), but he just surprised me this morning with a day off. :)

Me: I have fallen deeper and deeper in love with Cooking. I think I've really narrowed down my passion in life to it and have been spending more and more time in the kitchen or in books reading and studying about the hows and whys of it all. So far, these are my favorite sites:

youtube. (i love watching HOW to cook.)
America's Test Kitchen (books and DVDs from the library



I think that's about it!


No comments:

Post a Comment