Monday, September 26, 2011

Sis. F

We asked one of our new converts to teach the RS lesson this last Sunday.
She's an older lady and let me tell ya, is so cute.
She's in a wheel chair type thing and has diabetes, but is so "high" spiritually since she was baptized back in April of 2011, that she never can contain her smile and willingness to serve when she's at church or we talk to her on the phone.
She's a dynamite!

When we asked her to teach a RS lesson, she was so tickled. "Me?!" She'd say.
Saturday when I spoke to her and helped her through her lesson one last time, she was ecstatic for this opportunity to teach the following day. Of course, she was nervous too, but she was grateful that "you would trust me, sister Sampert!"

"Are you going to be okay now?" I asked her, making sure she felt comfortable to teach now.
"Oh yes," sis. F said.

"Good, you'll do great." I reassured her.
"Well, that is, after I go practice this several times in the mirror. I'm gonna go line up all my stuffed animals in the mirror and practice!" She said, laughing shyly.

I'm grateful I have the opportunity to work with such willing sisters. They're an example to me that although we might be uncomfortable being taken out of our comfort zone at times, being willing to serve the Lord is number one. The rest will follow.

No comments:

Post a Comment