Tuesday, June 8, 2010

Molletes de Mexico


It's simple, it's Mexican, it's "molletes"!
My friend from Mexico invited me to have breakfast with her the other day...ok, so I might have invited myself to her place (lol), but either way, the breakfast was simple, and yet delicious!

preheat oven to 350 deg.
Sub roll-spread butter on it
spread frijoles-refried beans
sprinkle whatever cheese you may have in your fridge-or slices
bake until golden on top (or cheese is melted)
DONE
add homemade salsa on top and mmm!
simple and quick breakfast, straight from Mexico to your kitchen!

I also discovered that if your family eats lots of refried beans (or lots of mexican food), it's so much more economical to buy a bag of beans and make them yourself, than buy cans of it!! I'm probably the last person on this planet to figure that out, but it was so simple, it blew me away! Not to mention it's so much healthier and you can freeze it! If anyone wants to know how to make homemade refried beans, let me know!

No comments:

Post a Comment