Tuesday, April 20, 2010

Dear Kai in the Future

Dear Kai in the future;

You won't remember this, but I wanted to tell you anyway.

I'm still in bed this morning, it's 8:20am, but I'm just so tired. You're here next to me, you've hauled in all your train station pieces and have laid it across me. "I like seeing grown ups," you say out of the blue, still while building your "alligator."
"Oh ya? why is that?" I ask. "Cuz they have MUSTACHES!" you exclaim. Right...

You won't remember these simple times, and maybe I won't either. The sweet dimple that forms when you smile at me because you're waiting for me to wake up, the mornings you climb into bed with me to "scoopie" with me, the screams of Jaiden "let me out of here!" (all in the form of screams) from the closet where he sleeps (our master closet is the size of a room, so we keep him there), and the funny conversations you and I have all the time.

I don't know what you'll remember, but after all is said and done, I hope you remember who you are, and how much I love you.

your Mommy

No comments:

Post a Comment