Thursday, May 26, 2011

Summer Activities

This lady's got a fun idea.
Summer activities in a bag! How cute and fun!
I could use a lot more ideas of what to do this Summer.
Anyone??


Oh Happy Days of Summer!

This year, we started a new summer tradition! My little preschooler absolutely loves school and was so heartbroken that it was out for the summer. So, I decided to come up with a fun way to give the kids something exciting to look forward to each week until school starts. I started with a pile of fun fabric scraps and turned them into this fun little drawstring bag:When I started, I knew the exact kind of little bag that I had in mind and figured that someone else had probably beaten me to it. So, I decided to search for a tutorial and not only did I find what I was looking for…I found something better! Check outDana’s Hobo Sack Tutorial…complete with lining and even ruffles if you wish! Perfect! I made mine a bit smaller and added a cute little bunting on the front…just couldn’t resist. (I seriously have an obsession with buntings lately!) Afterwards I filled it with 12 little activity cards…something fun to look forward to each week of the summer! I gave it to my girlies today and they were completely excited. I read each little card to them and told them kind of what I had in mind. They kept cheering and giving me hugs and talking about how fun it was going to be. My oldest said she wants to do it every summer for the next 10 years! A girl who loves traditions, just like her mama! Finally, we drew out our first card…looks like it all starts this week with a Teddy Bear Picnic!

If you’d like to download the summer bunting cards that we wrote our activities on, just click on the image below.

The download is without activities so that you can come up with your own, but here’s the of activities that we included in ours:

  • Prayer Walk
  • Teddy Bear Picnic
  • Ice Cream Picnic in the Park
  • Tea Party Picnic
  • Field Day Games
  • Sandcastle Contest
  • Water Play Day
  • Backyard Drive-in Movie
  • Stargazing
  • Bedtime Stories Under the Stars
  • Picnic Bike Ride
  • Scavenger Hunt Hike

I’d love to hear what activities you include in your bag!


No comments:

Post a Comment