Wednesday, May 25, 2011

Pee on Book, maggots and holes everywhere= NORMAL.

I am amazed these days that I've ceased to be amazed.
I had to laugh when I realized AFTERWARDS that something was "off" a bit, but I didn't realize it when it was happening.

Me: kids, go grab a book you'd like for me to read

kai: okay! i got one here mama!

me: great. now let's see. what? why does this book have blotches on it? (it was a handmade "My Favorites" book Kai made at preschool today and the blotches were new)

Kai: Oh, that's pee.

me: PEE?!

kai: ya, I got pee on it when I was trying to read it on the potty.

OH.

When did this become such a "normal" thing in my life?!
I just had to laugh in my head. Not for the grossness, but because this is a normal thing in my household now.

This morning, Kai found MAGGOTS in the kitchen. We get those darn flies mating in our kitchen and alas, they have maggots. They make me pukey, they really do.
Kai made himself useful though, he marched straight in with a jar and handpicked most of them and gently let them go in his compost pile. THANK HEAVENS for boys!!

Then, while cuddling with the kids on a mattress in the guest room, I looked up at the ceiling where i have a nice lacey drapery swinging down--super romantical.
I found GAPING HOLES IN THEM.

Long story short, the other day when I discovered that Kai had butchered--snipped-all kinds of holes in his own pants (that he was wearing), he also decided it'd be nice to have matching holes in my drapes.

Well world, I'm tired and this is the end for me for today.
I am at a loss for words somedays, but really, I know I will LAUGH at all these crazy stories.
I love my boys!

oh and P.S., according to Kai, TONS OF BEES CAME FLYING IN THE WINDOW AND CUT HOLES IN THE DRAPES.

ahh, I believe it!

No comments:

Post a Comment