Wednesday, March 23, 2011

It's a tough job

I know, I know.
It seems like I'm always talking about this...

Honestly though,
is there a perfect mother out there?
Ok, I don't really want to be perfect...
I just want to be a sane mother!

Is it too much to ask for good kids
and a clean home
and an organized life?

It must be.

I wonder how on earth people do it.

Clean the house
Cook healthy meals
Teach their children important and fundamental things of life
Teach them the gospel
read their scriptures
fulfill church callings
organize office/secretarial duties (Dr's appts, bills, budget, file, etc)
change diapers,
potty train
tend to spouses
keep up with friends
think, ponder and meditate about spiritual things (I haven't heard the Lord in a while...)
chauffer family around
dr and teeth check ups
do your visiting teaching
be a good neighbor
be a missionary
be a nurse or a Dr. when children are hurt
play monster
read stories to kids
create learning games
listen
explain
discipline
do your food storage
exercise
better yourself
(forget going to school for yourself!)

The list goes on.

someone posted on my Facebook about all this. Her suggestion was to "simplify."
I wonder what that means...
I want to try it!


3 comments:

  1. Ahh, to be a sane mother! Don't we all dream of being that one day? LOL :)... I know I do!

    You, though, are amazing! I don't think I do half of the things on your list. Really, monika, you are AMAZING!

    XXXOOOX
    Norma

    ReplyDelete
  2. You are pretty amazing Mo. I don't believe anyone has it all figured out. I know I don't take on as much as you do, that helps but may not be possible for you ;) I have another friend who cannot stand to sit still, it drives her crazy. Last year I was feeling really overwhelmed and asked to have one of the sisters taken off my VT route... is that wrong? I don't know but it helped. My house is definitely not organized, but it's getting better. I don't know if people think I try to come off as perfect because I stopped (for the most part) in making negative fb statuses, but it's a given that nobody is perfect and I'd rather remember the good times. So, I made a commitment this past November to try and not complain, for me personally (and we are all different) it just makes things worse and it really is impossible to be truly grateful and to complain in the same breath. Instead I try to find something to be grateful for when I want to scream or pull my hair out. Sometimes I fail, but it has helped me a ton. I believe one can have it all... just not necessarily all at the same time! Let me know what you figure out works for YOU! Love you! Diana... PS I'm expecting baby number 3 in early November :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Me again! A friend of mine posted this quote and I thought it fitting... hope it doesn't annoy the crap out of you! lol.

    "Anyone who imagines that *bliss* is normal is going to waste a lot of time running around and shouting that he has been robbed. The fact of the matter is that most putts don't drop, most beef is tough, most children grow up to be just people, most successful marriages require a high degree of mutual toleration, most jobs are more often dull than otherwise. Life is like an old time rail journey, sidetracks, smoke, dust, cinders and jolts, interspersed only occasionally by beautiful vistas and thrilling bursts of speed. The trick is to thank the Lord for letting you have the ride." Gordon B. Hinckley

    ReplyDelete