Friday, March 25, 2011

Homeschooling-I'm gonna die

I have been thinking...
something that I don't like to think about...
but the thought keeps popping back into my mind...
and swirling...taunting me every day...

I have been contemplating on homeschooling.
Yes, you heard right.
Homeschooling my kids.

YA RIGHT,
you might say.
Not you!
I hear them say.
I know, I know, I agree! Not me!

But really, the thought has been rolling around in my brain and I am slowly starting to embrace it.
I don't know why.
I don't know how.

I have, however, noticed a trend in many of my friends and associates converting over from public schooling to homeschooling and I've been wondering what this is all about.
I used to swear up and down, down and up that I'd NEVER EVER EVER NEVER homeschool.
Homeschooling was for weirdos!
I would say.

But given the circumstances of our public schools these days, one can't help but wonder if our little ones will learn anything good, let alone be safe.

So much violence and so much immorality has plagued our once safe schools and I can't help but wonder if Heavenly Father is slowly preparing me for the possibility of keeping my children at home a little while longer.

A friend voiced to me the same thing.
"Perhaps God has a plan for our children's generation and needs them to be a bit more shielded during those vulnerable years... retain their innocence a bit longer... whatever the reason, maybe this is why so many of us are now considering it."

Sure, everything I ever dreamed of doing with my life--KICKING THE KIDS OUT to go to school so that I could clean, read, go back to school or work, or find something that's for ME has sort of flown out the window for now, but I can't help but feel that my children come before anything and everything and that this would be a well invested thing I (we=Ronny and I) could do for them.

I still don't know if this is really what I will be doing, I'm still waiting for that CLEAR answer from the Lord, but if it's the right thing for our family, I will go and do.

Anyone else out there think the same things? Got any helps? suggestions?

ps. I'm not an organized creative, educated (in a sense that I wouldn't feel comfortable teaching anyone past kindergarten!!) OR patient mother...so how the heck I'm going to learn how to homeschool AND teach things to my children is a COMPLETE mystery...just in case you were wondering. :)


4 comments:

  1. One of the joy school moms does it, and uses some Christian based curriculum.

    http://feecha2.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  2. Tengo dos cosas k decirte...
    Una....k me encanta esto! Deberas que seras la mejor maestra para ellos! Tu ya les estas ensenando en casa...por ejemplo ensenando les japones....

    Y la segunda es k te quiero much amiga!!
    Si necesitas algo estoy aqui.....

    ReplyDelete
  3. Onalisa is thinking of doing joy school for our kids instead of preschool. She was home schooled so I will ask her for some ideas that she enjoyed.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi! I just stumbled on your site and my husband and I were right where you are a year ago. Our older kids were in public school and doing fine, but we felt like we should look into homeschooling. Like you, we NEVER dreamed we'd homeschool, but God changed both of our hearts within about two weeks and we went for it. It's been a challenging, but extremely rewarding year for us and I can't imagine putting our kids back in school now. I've blogged about our homeschooling some and you are welcome to email me if you have any questions.

    God will give you the strength to do anything He's laid on your heart. Good luck!

    Tiffany

    www.tiffanystuffandthings.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete