Friday, October 16, 2009

Japan


Since many of you are wondering why I am going to Japan in about a week:

I'm going to fulfill two of my life time dreams:

1. Meet my biological grandparents and relatives in "Aichi-ken"
(long story short, I haven't seen them since I was four years old-and neither one of us knew that it would be our "last" time to see each other--since the day I have "found" them again, they have sworn to "live until we see you again")
&
2. Hopefully be of some help and comfort to my "step"grandmother (I never called her that) who has been alone for a year now, since the loss of her husband, my "step" grandfather. They treated me with nothing less than love that any grandparents would have for their grandchild...although I wasn't able to make it to my grandfather's funeral or be by his side while he was spending his last moments here on earth, I am grateful for this opportunity that has been given to me to go there and be by my grandmother's side.

I am SO very grateful for this opportunity to be able to go and do these things. I want to tell them how much I love them (more so, show them that I love them) and how much I appreciate each and every one of them. Hear stories of my childhood, and just be spoiled with their love...I am again, SO grateful for Ronny who has always listened to my quiet yearnings to go back and do these things "someday," and who shelled out a ton of money to make this a reality. Not only that, as most of you know, he didn't even hesitate to take off two weeks from work to watch the boys and insists that "this must be done" (that I go).
Yes, I am going by myself this time...I am very sad about it, but for many reasons, this will have to be for this time.

Thank you for all your wishes for me to have a good and memorable trip. I hope to make it as special for my grandparents too.
And if you are so blessed to have grandparents, tell them that you love them!

See you when I get back!

No comments:

Post a Comment